It was a great experience being in preschool, of course! How could it not be? I was able to sing, dance and help children with their numbers, letters and sounds and art projects. It was so rewarding to see children grow and learn new things each and every day. Preschoolers are enthusiastic and energetic! I love being with those little kiddos! I also love being in a classroom with a teacher who is confident and knows what they are doing. After all I want to learn from them- I want to see what works and what doesn't. An experienced teacher has a bag full of tricks- and I want to know them all so I can use them in my classroom. I was fortunate to be in a class with a teacher like so. I admire her hard work, dedication, patience and organization.
I think about being a teacher a lot. really. a. lot. - almost to the point of obsession. I jot down notes and ideas in my little book I carry around -"Helpful Teaching Tactics." I have an entire shelf of books on teaching. I have a pinterest board dedicated to teaching lessons and ideas. I follow educational topics on twitter. I know with a good education and lots of practice I can be a teacher who makes a positive difference in the lives of children. I want to be the teacher children always remember- The teacher who was a little silly and fun, who smiled and laughed everyday, the teacher who pushed her students to achieve higher than they thought was possible, the teacher who was so passionate about learning that she inspired students to work hard to reach their goals. I want to be the teacher that connects with every child, someone that makes every child feel good. Because I always say 'When you feel good, you do good!' Here's to doing more good in the world!
No comments:
Post a Comment